Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Della

 
     A new little lady has decided to accept us as her parents.  We just brought her home last night.  Her name is Della, and she is a Mini Dachshund.  I have been wanting one to complete our little family for over a year, searching far and wide.  How funny is it that she was to be just 10 minutes away!  Since we have always had large dogs, like Jessie Girl, this is a new experience for us.  Della was born on Groundhog Day 2015.

 
     Here she is meeting Jessie for the first time, last night.  It was such a good encounter.  Jessie is trying to act disinterested, but following her every move.  It is so cute!  Where Jessie is not a good traveler or boarder, we hope that Della will be the opposite and enjoy trips to visit family.  Dachshunds are known to live over 20 years, so I am sure that this sweet girl will make a great companion for us.

     Just a heads up.... my crafting time may take a hit for a little while.  We will have to see.  Thanks for visiting, and I hope to see you very soon.

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh, Mary Anne!!!!! I just started crying when I saw these picture of sweet little Miss Della. My heart is smiling for you all the way up to Pennsylvania! She's a doll and please, please, please give her a great big hug for me. What a cutie pie. She looks so much like Rambo and I bet they'd get along beautifully too. Rambo is even a little darker toward his tail like that! So glad she and Jessi are getting along and I bet within a week they'll be best friends forever. I have a feeling that Della found the perfect family. Super hugs to you and have fun with that little girl!

Carol L said...

You've hit the jackpot with Della! What a sweet, cute, adorable and precious pooch! I love her all-black tail - it looks like it was dipped into tar! LOL I wish you years and years of good health and happy times with her from this day forward :) I can't wait to come over and hold her :)

Donna Hanley said...

Mary Anne, I am so very happy for you to have finally found a sweetie like little Della. She is precious and I would love to give her a kisses and hugs, but I guess for now you'll have to pass those along for me. I don't think you'll mind, right? I'm sure Jessie girl will stop that disinterested attitude within a day or two and become the big, protective sister that she is meant to be. Best wishes to and your little family. It will be fun to see what Brian thinks of her. All of our four legged "babies" are such a blessing and add so much joy to our lives. It is so funny that she was so close to home for you. Enjoy!!!
PS: Those are some gorgeous flowers she is sniffing.

JD/ Jill said...

What a sweetie pie! So cute! Please give her a hug and cuddle from me too. I'm a big dog lover! (don't have any right now...would like to...but I guess those days are over!)

craftieodmae said...

You are going to have her spoiled in no time! She is gorgeous!!!

Becky said...

Della is adorable! She is one lucky pooch to have you..

Vicki Dutcher said...

HOW CUTE is this 4 legged Little! Just adorable!! :)

Sue said...

Your new baby is adorable. So fun to have a puppy. And your other baby looks like he likes her, so that is wonderful. They will become best buds. Congrats on the new addition, enjoy.

Hugs
Sue