Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Everything Changes......

 
     This card was created for lots of reasons.  I found a fantastic challenge with a tutorial, I wanted to use some new things, and I can not get use to the new days of doing things at some sites.

     Let me first list the challenges I am going to share this card for.

Speedy Fox and Friends #278-  I just had to try this tutorial!
Unity Blog Hop-  Day has changed to hook up those Unity Stamp projects.  I used their sentiment.
NBUS #5- My Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves, and my Unity sentiment are new to me.

 
     The tutorial over at Speedy Fox and Friends was really fun!  I started with a white base, added a piece of designer paper that has gold leaves.  I positioned my mini bricks stencil from Crafters Workshop, and pounced it with Hero Arts Unicorn White ink.  Next I took a background stamp from Stamp Camp and with black ink, I stamped through the openings in the stencil to create a layered look.  I cut my leaves from kraft and sponged them with white on the edges.  I stamped, colored, and fussy cut my morning dove for The Artist Stamps in CA.  (very old but favorite stamp from my collection).  My Unity sentiment was stamped, colored to match my dove, and punched with an SU! circle punch. This was from one of my Unity prize bags.   Random sequins were added for sparkle.

     I so appreciate your visit, and hope you visit again.  Thanks!

22 comments:

Carol L said...

I just love this one with that great technique! I tried this technique, but my stencil supply is limited to small designs and nuffin worked! I love the gold leaves on the bricks - what a cool card! Nice job!

Beth F. said...

Very pretty card! I really like the background you created.

Donna Hanley said...

I love this card and the way it all came together. We do all need to count out blessings and this card is a very good reminder. Enjoy your day.

Pat said...

Lovely job. Thanks for trying the tutorial and playing with Speedy Fox and Friends.

Lisa :) said...

Really great card I love the transparancy of the brick!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is gorgeous, Mary Anne.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

wonderful layering! and the sequins are a great touch

Gaylynn said...

Very cool background and card, Mary Anne.

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,love the background.xxx

jimlynn said...

WOW! Wonderful looking background on this Mary Anne. LOVE your card!
Lynn

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

JPScraps said...

Fabulous card! I'm going to have to check out this technique.

Migdalia said...

A lovely card. Awesome job.
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Barbie said...

Your card is beautiful, love all the elements. Thank you for joining us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

Sweet April said...

Extraordinary card,it's full of details,color,techniques and inspiration!Thanks for sharing.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome job wjth the technique

Kris B said...

Wonderful card! Love the warm colors and such a pretty background!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I love that dove, you did the bricks fantastic and your stamping through the stencil turned out great

Sue D said...

Beautiful. I like the technique you used.

Janis said...

Fabulous combo of challenges in this awesome card. I totally agree abt wanting to try that SF&F tutorial. Wasn't it just the best???? Love how your card turned out!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Stampsnob. said...

Nice job thanks for sharing at MFP Speedy Fox and Friends .............Lis

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely design!